“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Kids tell it like it is

So Saturday night Dan decides we are going out to dinner then to Yogurt Mountain for dessert. If you don't know what yogurt mountain is let me fill you in, it is a self serve frozen yogurt (I use that word lightly) shop with I think like 15 different flavors to choose from and probably double that of toppings. You fill your cup pile on the toppings then the moment of truth...45cents an ounce...ouch!

So we pack up the kids in the wagon and head out 280, after dinner and some light shopping we walk on over to YM. Excitedly we fill our cups with flavor combinations that don't really work once they melt together in the bottom of the cup and head outside to enjoy. After eating his yogurt down to the last drop, scraping out the cup, and even tipping it up tapping out the last drop Caleb puts down his cup and says "I'm gonna exercise tomorrow." The lady sitting next to him chuckles thinking this is funny. I reply with "that's what I keep saying I'm gonna exercise tomorrow."
Caleb looks right at me and says "mom you never exercise" I thought the lady next to him was going to fall out of her chair laughing. "Your right Caleb. "

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nothing like your children to keep it real! LOL Love that boys honesty!