“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Berry Buckle

Every year as we move from Spring to Summer I begin to obsess over anything fruit, mixed berries have to be one of my favorite things in life! Although I must say I haven't gotten any fresh yet but the frozen ones work just fine. Growing up my mom always made blueberry buckle as we always had fresh berries and it is so quick and easy ...what a comfort food this is for me. A simple cake topped with berries and strudel plain enough to enjoy with a cup of coffee or dress it up with vanilla ice cream either way you just can't go wrong. So this morning for our Sunday School class I made Mixed Berry Buckle, it was soooo good

Mixed Berry Buckle

2.5 C fresh or frozen mixed berries
1 C all purpose flour
1.5 t baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 C butter1
/2 C sugar
1 egg
1/3 C milk
1 t vanilla

topping:
1/4 C sugar
1/4 C flour
3 T butter

Preheat oven to 375.

Stir together 1 C flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, beat together 1/2 C butter and 1/2 C sugar until fluffy. Add egg and beat until smooth.
Combine milk and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and milk alternately to the beaten mixture, beating at low speed after each addition.
Pour (or spread) batter into a greased 8 inch pan

Arrange berries evenly over the batter.
Combine 1/4 C sugar, 1/4C flour.

Cut in 3 T butter until crumbly.
Sprinkle over the berries.
Bake for 35 minutes.


...MMMM Buckley Goodness

2 comments:

Dano said...

I love this woman. The only thing better than see what you can make is eating it ;)

Anonymous said...

Genial post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.