“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Flour, sugar, eggs, and love

I had the pleasure of doing a baby shower for my sister R last weekend along with here sister-in-law J. For her cake I decided to make a prego lady sitting atop the cake with cupcakes to serve to the guests. I wasn't quite sure how to make the prego lady so I just worked at it until I figured it out. I think it turned out pretty well, you can't really see from this pic but she was complete with a belly button.

The cupcakes were cute and everything turned out very well but the cutest thing by far was Ella. She was sooo funny, not being the least bit shy she was showing off her ballet skills. Helping R open presents it was clear this was her party! She had been to other baby showers where other little girls got to help out and now this was her person and it was her turn to be the helper.






Ella giving R her present, Ella had planned from the day she found out R had a baby in her tummy that she would give R's baby her Glowie (glow worm) she was so excited she blurted out it's my glowie before R could even look in the bag.

No comments: