“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just in case anyone is wondering from the content of the last few posts I DO LOVE CHRISTMAS but this year I really feel a need to focus on Christ without whom we would have no Christmas. No I'm not becoming some fanatical who can't have any fun at Christmas so here's a few pictures to let you know I am having a lot of fun in this season.




Our little Santa baby!
Making Gingerbread Houses Hard at work assembling the house
Now time for a marshmallow break our favorite part!
So proud! the master at work

Caleb decided to use a few less of his decorations on the house and save them fior a yummy snack

On top of these fun things we have decorated cookies with the church kids and delivered while caroling to some of the shut in's of our church.

So I am not anti-Christmas I just have decided this year I'm not getting caught up in the "craziness" of the season. I don't want to miss the great JOY this time of year holds for me as I celebrate the birth of Emmanuel-God with us!

No comments: