“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Friday, September 9, 2011

When the shadows are long and the days are short

I have a hard time picking favorites of things I just hate it when people ask my favorite meal, I want to say "what this week?" Or my favorite color, "well that depends on the season". Not that I don 't know what I like but I like so many things I hate to settle on one thing, but one thing I know is my favorite is Fall (or maybe spring..see my problem) the truth is I love the different seasons and await each one. But Fall, what a relief it is after the South's hot summer days are gone I get a burst of energy. Sometimes here in the south the wait for fall can be a long one, some years it is still to hot at Halloween to wear some costumes.
This year I noticed at the end of August that the dogwood outside my kitchen window had just a few red leaves on it, could it be could fall be on it's way already so soon? Now leaves can be a tricky fellas and you can't always trust them as a sign of fall, they are hope for fall but not always a sign.
This week however we have enjoyed very cool temps for this time of year...70's already?? Could it be could we have a long fall this year, or could it be the result of the recent hurricane in the gulf ?
For the past couple of days I have noticed a sign of fall I consider dependable, when the shadows grow long and the days are shorter. I can't really explain it but when you look outside the shadows are different from those of summer(I'm sure there is a scientific term for this but I don't know it). Now I'm not foolish enough to believe that fall is really here to stay it's tricky here in the south we could still be in the 90's come October. But as for today the air is crisp the shadows are long and the days grow shorter. As Caleb said the other day "mom I'm just feeling like carving some pumpkins" I know son me to I do love fall!! Even if it is just a tease I'll take it.
Thank you Lord for the seasons each one something to look forward to

So welcome fall to my house and feel free to bring a couple of your friends

2 comments:

Medifast Coupons said...

Oh yeah fall has arrived here in northern ontario also, we had frost this morning. I do love fall but just wish it could hold off just a bit longer.

cheap car rentals said...

There is noticeably a bundle to learn about this. I assume you made certain good points in features also.

- hire taxi | cabs hire | taxi for hire