“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Sunday, July 29, 2007

The Bounty of our Garden

This year our garden did not do so well between the drought and a serious lack of "something" in our soil we did not get a whole lot. Our tomatoes did well as did the beets, carrots, peppers and a random pumpkin Caleb planted, I think we are a bit out of season I think beets should be early spring or fall.

I think with the tomatoes I am going to smoke dry them, just for fun. As I use the other things I will let you know how it goes.

So now it is clean up time and we will get ready to plant again...maybe the next garden will go a little better.

No comments: