“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Monday, August 6, 2007

Peaches for me

OK we all know the song so sing along...Million of peaches, peaches for me. Millions of peaches, peaches for free. (play song 1 while you read this)


For the past few weeks all I can think about is peaches I have desired the sweet, juicy, summer ripened fruit. How do I like my peaches....right out of hand, baked into a pie, folded into homemade icecream but this weekend I opted for a cobbler. I made a peach and blueberry cobbler, the pictures can not catch the lightness of the cake, the sweetness of the peaches or the yumminess of how great it was. On a HOT and HUMID summer night a big bowl of cobbler topped with icecream made the perfect dinner!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oooh, that looks and sounds SO good. Wish I'd been there.