“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Life according to Pipi

One of the first big books I remember reading was Pipi Longstockings in fact I remember reading it several times. When I saw the movie set at the library all those fond memories came flooding back and I decided my kids needed to meet Pipi, Mr man was not sure if he would like this "girl" movie and litttle princess well it was not about princesses.

None the less I convinced them to watch it, little did I know they would become Pipi crazed. They have watched all the movies several times, they play Pipi, and everything in our life is related to Pipi. For example the other night when we were eating spaghetti Ella said Pipi wrapps her spaghetti around her fingers and cuts it with sissors then eats it. For just about everything we do I get a Pipi does it like this.

Now if you have fond memories of Pipi and think you want to see the movies just let me warn you they are cheesie, made in Sweden in the 1970's with bad English dubbing. The Pipi theme song comes with a warning too, it is very catchy Caleb walks around singing or humming it all the time and the other night I just about lost my mind I could not get it out of my head and anythime I woke up or rolled over "I am Pipi Longstocking if you say it fast it's funny, Pipi Longstocking how I love my happy name" Oh the madness!


object width="425" height="344">
In Sweden Pipi is a part of their culture, children learn the song in school and there are many versions of the song from the classic to the techno dance version.
Stop by everyday this week for your daily Pipi... I am sharing the insanity!

No comments: