“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to School

So yesterday was the first day of school for my kids, I think they were officially the last kids in the state of Alabama to start school. I'm glad they started a little later we were able to eek a few last days out of summer and get in one more trip to the grandparents. This year begins a new chapter in my life...both kids in school...how did that happen? The night before when I was putting Ella to bed is when I got all sentimental and as I looked at her and we talked about school I did actually have the thought I need another baby! don't worry that has passed;)

Our traditional silly faces and poses picture





Who couldn't love that face...sweet girl!


Aren't' they cute and so sweet

I'm ready to go mom
headed in with supplies in hand

Yes we brought some cookie bribes for the teachers...yes I'm a nerd but the teachers always love me.
I am pleased to say nobody cried on the first day, Ella thought she needed to a little but we got past that and I thought I was going to but held it together. It was a good day.







No comments: