“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Friday, January 21, 2011

Cherish the Moments for tomorrow they will be gone

Hurry get to school, hurry get home, hurry do homework, hurry to church and hurry home for lunch our lives are lived in such a hurry. I remember when Caleb was just a tiny baby I thought oh I hope we hurry up past this or that phase in life, hurry and learn to walk and talk and read. Why do we rush life so fast? Sometimes I think how did I get to be 38 years old where did the days go? Why was I in such a hurry to grow up? Now I look at my children in love and wish I could just slow it all down they are growing up to fast and in my hurry have I missed something? The bible says life is but a vapor and then it is gone, I don't want to live my vapor of a life hurrying chasing after things that don't really matter. I want to savor the moments, cherish the days see the fullness of each day. Take time today to hug your children a little longer, snuggle in bed with your husband or wife, and live your life for Christ each and every day for in Him is the fullness of life.

No comments: