“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Monday, July 25, 2011

So this post is really late but what's new for me?? This summer has been so busy especially this month started with a birthday always a big deal, followed by VBS an even bigger deal concluded almost with a 2 day bible club at retirement home...I told you crazy. Which is why I am just getting around to some random posts for July.
Caleb's birthday always an adventure and new obsession see last year's Mario Party well this year his new obsession is the Green Lantern! Yes he saw the movie and that's all it took, this is his first obsession with a superhero.
OK so party theme is nailed down now on to picking a cake, did I mention this year is just a simple party with a few friends to play and sleep over? So Caleb says "I will keep it easy on you mom just cupcakes"...each with a different lantern sign aww thanks kid - in case you didn't know there are many different lanterns with different powers oh the things I have learned.Not really hard just tedious making each piece but he loved them and now my "mommy guilt" is lessened for another year. The rest of the party was fairly simple movie, pizza, cupcakes, ice cream and some fireworks. Can't believe my boy is 9 years old!! A few years gone by way to fast marked by different obsessions. Wonder what it will be for 10

No comments: