“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Friday, September 26, 2008

The ballerina and the pigeon

I have been such a bad blogger 1) life has just been going on like normal 2) I just haven't taken the time to sit down and document our life. I realize I haven't posted a menu in weeks but don't worry we are still eating just less planned I call it eating by the seat of our pants.

Ella still loves ballet class and would love to go more than once a week. This week she came home and told us she learned to do a Tondu, never having taken ballet I thought for sure she was saying this wrong but lo and behold it is an actual position (gotta love the internet, such a wealth of information)
ignore the boy behind the curtain!
So yesterday I am in the kitchen and I hear Caleb coming to the back door talking very excitedly as he opens the door I see he is holding a pigeon. Slightly loosing it because I know pigeons are dirty birds I scream" put that down!", he almost cries and explains that it is hurt. He tells me how he found it and that it can't fly it just kept falling down and we have to help it.

As I get the bunny cage I am thinking why me why do I have to deal with hurt pigeons, as a child I never felt the need to pick up a hurt bird.

Understanding that Caleb is a tenderhearted animal lover I get the bird all set up in a cage with some water and promptly call R who answers all my animal questions. She confirms my fears that the pigeon may not be hurt, but may be diseased ( by the way it was acting I believed this to be true) and will probably die...GREAT! I made C wash his hands...twice all the way up to his elbows.

Yes when we checked the pigeon after dinner he had in fact died, nothing like a lesson in dying after dinner. Caleb took it well

No comments: