“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kids in the kitchen

My kids always want to help cook, I guess because they see me do it so much it is just a part of our lives not to mention that they both love food. I remember my mom giving me scraps of pie dough that I would roll up with cinnamon sugar and bake still such a fond memory. I want my kids to have basic cooking knowledge and these fun family memories so I try to let them "help" from time to time. You never know what kind of talent you are fostering...Caleb made us all rotisserie chicken sandwiches for dinner a while back and stated "I'm a GREAT chef" he was so proud of himself. He has learned how to cook an egg sandwich all on his own...ok so he has burned his arm on the hot pan but lesson learned, pay attention to where your body is.

A few weekends ago I was making cupcakes for a baby shower and Ella just wanted to help. Not really wanting to be bothered and just wanting to get done I almost said no but then was haunted by the pie dough and let her help me cut out fondant flowers. I had plenty of time and so what if I had to remake a few, she took her job seriously and did a great job and the cupcakes turned out fine. So I would encourage parents take the time out cook with your kids and give them a little freedom to experiment you may have a "GREAT CHEF" in the making.
Not to bad for the flowers that Ella made

No comments: