“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Friday, July 23, 2010

Doldrums...defeated

It happens every year so why does it seem surprised when it does, why am I taken aback for a few days? What is "it" you ask? I call it the summer doldrums, doldrums is a nautical terms that refers to an area of calm, but in colloquial usage, "being in the doldrums" refers to being in a state of listlessness, despondency, inactivity, stagnation, or a slump.

So every year when the temps reach 100 the doldrums set in, hence no menu this week. Honestly I haven't really wanted to eat this week and boy does my refrigerator show it!

I usually call this particular mood uninspired so this year I decided to fight back and inspire myself...the result this cute shirt for Ella
I really like embroidery and applique it's a great thing to do while watching TV and it's so rewarding to get done and say I made this. It was so fun making this that I already have a few more projects in the working. Lookout everyone you'll be seeing these for birthdays and Christmas!

No comments: