“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Monday, March 28, 2011

A week of Spring Cleaning

Ok so I've said it before Spring has sprung here in the South. Spring is a time of renewal the earth wakes up from it's long winter sleep and bursts forth in glorious bloom. Spring is also a time for me to shake off the clutter of winter and for me to refresh my home after a long winter of being closed up and stuffy. That's right today starts Spring Cleaning! Some think this is an antiquated tradition of a bygone generation, but I love to get my house clean and I mean really deep down clean. This year I am taking this task on one room a day. Today the kitchen here's the checklist for my kitchen:

Kitchen: (1-2 Hours)

o Clean out fridge
o Wipe down freezer/fridge
o Scrub oven/stove top
o Clean appliances
o Wash Cabinets front and top
o Move fridge out and clean behind it
o Vacuum refrigerator coils
o Wash out trash cans
o Wash windows
o Clean tile floors

Follow my progress this week and keep me on track sometimes I think I have cleaning ADD. Do you do special cleaning for Srping? Let me know your thoughts on this age old tradition

No comments: