“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Monday, November 8, 2010

Couponing week 1 update

Spent $124.92 on groceries saved $0 with coupons
This included the menu http://liketheloudons.blogspot.com/2010/11/eat-like-loudons.html below plus I made freezer food for 1 family and fed 1extra person on Sunday so it works out $91.42

Last week I announced my couponing experiment and it began with little success. After buying the paper, cutting out the coupons, deciding which ones I might actually use I came up with very few. I was excited about being able to get my hair color for $3 instead of $8 until I realized it was only good at Rite Aid and there is not one anywhere in my neighborhood. Last week I said I had a few requirements for coupons 1) that we can use the same products we always do 2) that I am not going to buy products I normally would not just because I have a coupon unless I really want to try it. I forgot to add the other one 3) I'm not driving all over town to use a coupon especially for 1 product. I know I have put alot of regulations on my couponing but for this to work for me these are the rules.

Last week all the couponing blogs said it was a bad couponing week, so I'm hopeful for this week. I haven't gotten a paper but have asked some of the neighbors if I could have their coupon pages...am I turning into a couponing freak?
The following was last weeks "deals" from Publix according to Money Saving Mom...the problem I don't use any of these products. Yea I can get Shedd's Spread for $0.15 but ICKY we only use butter you rarely see a coupon for that

Shedd’s Spread Country Crock, Regular/ Churn Style, or Twin Pack (2 pk) – $0.95
Use $0.40/1 printable
$0.15 after coupon

Quaker Quakes Rice Snacks – $1.50
Use $1/1 printable
$0.50 after coupon

Welch’s Essentials Juice Cocktail Blend – $1.63
Use $1/1 coupon from the 10/31 SmartSource insert or printable
$0.63 after coupon

Nature’s Own Bread – $1.45
Use $0.75/1 printable
$0.70 after coupon

V8 Splash Beverage – $1.43
Buy 2 and use $1/2 coupon from the 10/3 SmartSource insert
$0.93 each after coupon

Pup-Peroni Dog Snacks (10 oz pkg) – $2.50
Use $1/1 printable
$1.50 after coupon


Publix: Deals for the week of November 4-10, 2010 is a post from: Money Saving Mom℠ :: Store Deals

Maybe this week will find better results...stay tuned

No comments: