“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful I live in the South!

I know sometimes I complain about living in the south, especially mid-July through August but this time of year you will hear no complaints from me! Yesterday was the perfect day I cleaned out my Iris bed and separated the plants and replanted my daffodils...I can't wait till Spring I doubled the size of the bed it is going to be sooo beautiful! The week of Thanksgiving and the temp is 74 degrees, give thanks for that!

I talked to my mother in law and she told me that our family in Montana have already gotten 12inches of snow and the temp there is....wait for it...8degrees brrrrrrrrr. I love Montana it is breath takingly beautiful and unless you've visited you don't really understand why it is called Big Sky. I really fell in love with the simplicity of Montana and sometimes romanticize about living there, but slap me back to reality with 8 degrees the week of Thanksgiving! I can't imagine surviving temps like that and surviving is all you do.

So today I am thankful I live in the South!

No comments: