“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Robin Mark is on of my favorite christian musicians, he and his band are from Northern Ireland. I love the Irish sound in his music (some are more than others )but also if you listen to the words of his songs they are great. This song Will Your Anchor Hold I love the words and the truth it teaches, Christ is my anchor in the troubled waters of this life. I espically love the pictures with this version as they are of Nantucket.




I took a walk down to the harbour,
I even watched a ship come in,
With all the lights upon the water shimmering.

These empty streets once thronged
With people before the houses had all gone,
And fathers rose to queue for work before the dawn.

And every meal upon the table bore
Testimony to their days spent working
Hard upon a ship from far away.

Tell me the old, old story of Jesus and His love
And will your anchor hold you in the flood.

Upon the church steps stood a preacher,
He cried redemption to the docks,
And all his words fell just like honey on a rock.

And hearts made stony by those hard times,
And steelyed eyes and windswept face,
Were softened by his stories of amazing grace.

From two and three to many thousands,
Revival fell upon the land,
The tiger lay before the lion and the lamb.

Now I came looking for adventure,
And it's adventure I have found
Since first I placed my feet upon this holy ground.

And I will never be a sailor,
But maybe if I take my stand
Perhaps we'll see revival fall upon our land.

I took a walk down to the harbour,
I even watched a ship come in,
With all the lights upon the water shimmering,

But I have an anchor, that keeps my soul
Steadfast and sure while those billows roll.

Fastened to the rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour's blood.


Copyright © 1998 Daybreak Music Ltd.


This post is dedicated to my friend late Sara as I am thinking of her today

No comments: