“God is not a belief to which you give your assent. God becomes a reality whom you know intimately, meet everyday, one whose strength becomes your strength, whose love, your love. Live this life of the presence of God long enough and when someone asks you, “Do you believe there is a God?” you may find yourself answering, “No, I do not believe there is a God. I know there is a God.”~Ernest Boyer, Jr.

And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul and with all your might.~Deuteronomy 6:5

Monday, January 14, 2008

First time for everything

So when I started this blog it was to tell about life Like the Loudon's and of course it has become life about the Loudon children. But this year trying to stay true to my description and keep myself on track I am going to post our weekly menus.

It is a daunting task to sit down and make up a menu, but it makes my life so much easier. I don't have to think about dinner during the week it's already planned. My time spent shopping is more efficient as I don't spend time thinking while I shop. Saves money as I buy just what I need for that week and don't end up going to the grocery mutltiple times spending $20 here and there...I don't know about you but I can't walk into the grocery store with spending $20.

So this is what the Loudon's will be eating this week:

Monday- Veal Scalloppini with galicky spinach and fettuccini alfredo
Tuesday-Rain Water Chili
Wednesday- Chicken Stuffed with Artichokes, Sundried Tomatoes & Fontina,with Orzo pilaf with pinenuts
Thursday-Sirloin Steaks with Boursin and Merlot Sauce, baked potatoes and Green Beans
Friday - Turkey Nachos
Saturday - Left Over Chili

No comments: